January 1, 2017 - New Year, New Baby Boy

So today is what I would consider the best kickoff to the new year that I have every experienced.  We had our first baby boy last night…on New Year’s Eve at 9:09 pm!!!  I will definitely be giving my account of the birth as soon as I have the energy to do so.



Here I am, exhausted, but happy to be holding my first son!!




We had him at home…so there was no hospital stay to bring in the New Year.  I had made a giant list of goals for 2017, which I intend on getting to work on asap…but just making the goals and wrapping up projects were monstrous undertakings in and of themselves…causing our house to become behind on it’s everyday upkeep.



Online Goals and Strategies for our band in 2017
More Goals and Strategies (Obsess much?)


We had him at home…so there was no hospital stay to bring in the New Year.  I had made all these goals for this year, which I intend on getting to work on asap…but just making the goals and wrapping up projects were monstrous undertakings in and of themselves…causing our house to become behind on it’s everyday upkeep.


I didn't feel like cleaning again just to take a pic, so here's a weird old pic with me holding my ukulele bag while mopping in socks and sandals for some reason.  Don't ask me, I don't get it either.




So I spent the entire first day of 2017 deep cleaning every room of our house.  It took me all day. It wasn’t the way I really wanted to spend the first day of the year…or my son’s first full day on earth…but now I can relax, hold my son, and dive back into work with a new set of goals and a new source of motivation.


Finally getting to relax with my son!!

I get the feeling like this is going to be a great year!!

six

Comments