June 26, 2017 - Hungry for Attention and Checking off Todo's

Family

Like a typical Monday, I had a ton of work to do.  My poor kids were desperately trying to get my attention...by causing trouble no less.  It was very sad.  I did end up playing with them outside for awhile and we ran through my lesson plan for tomorrow's Montessori class together.  But they know I'm leaving tomorrow and they absolutely do not want me to leave.

Work

I realigned my daily schedule, finished the rough draft for our Parks and Rec fall courses, finished our orientation email chain, we practiced several of our songs together and separately, delegated new tasks to the employees and revamped our todo list.  Very productive work day for sure.

Obstacles to a Healthy Balance


The hardest thing about this whole thing is that I have to spend a whole lot more time on work right now in order to make this thing go a lot faster so we can get back to living together.  This severely cuts into family time.  We try to explain all this to the children, and they get it, but it's very difficult for a child process. It's hard to watch them get sad when they know I'm leaving the next day.  It takes me back to when I was their age and I would only see my father every other weekend.

Comments