July 6, 2017 - Dr.'s Appointment and Taste of Actually being a Family Band

Family

Today Heather and I had to take our son to an doctor’s appointment down in Denver.  His appointment went great and his shunt is working well, reducing the amount of spinal fluid to normal levels!!  Thank God!! We took the younger two girls with us as well, which was fun…and interesting.  It was a much needed break for all of us, I just wish that we had a vehicle that would fit the entire family.

We ended up getting back to the house we’re staying in around 7 pm.  I got to hang out with the whole family for a couple of hours…but I’ll be leaving again in the morning…this time for 5 days until Wednesday.

Work

We made a pit stop to Guitar Center to pick up a new guitar slide…as I’ve lost or broken nearly all of mine.  I picked up that is open in the back so you can turn the slide around and play with your finger.

Heather and I also hung out at the shop together, working together there for the first time in over two months.  It felt really good…but at the same time we were bummed out because it wasn’t very long and we don’t know when it will happen again.  I can’t even imagine how far we’ll go and how much we’ll get done with her here everyday.

Obstacles to a Healthy Balance

It was a much heavier family day than work day.  That is a good thing, as it evened out the work heavy week I’ve had before this.  Again, I would say that it would be much better to have all of our family together in a larger vehicle, but other than that it was a pretty evenly balanced day.

Comments