March 23, 2017 - Birthday and Eviction Notice

Family

Our 4 year old turned 5 today.  For her birthday, she wanted to walk to the mall.  Since our van is still dead until I get it fixed on Saturday...that was an easy request to fulfill.  We left early and it was a very nice day all day...until about 6 pm.  Then it became extremely windy...and we did not bring the right apparel for me or the kids.  So I felt like God was telling me to act...


Two little side stories.  First story, we got served with an eviction notice this morning, because we got our water shut off for 24 hours.  Yes, on our daughter's birthday.  And we have no clue how we are going to get out of this mess.  Second side story, we've been really looking into Ford Excursions to be able to tow a large enough travel trailer for our family.


Back to the main story.  When I ran down the street to Natural Grocers to get something for Heather, I realized that we shouldn't be walking an hour and a half home with the kids.  But we had no way of making it home other than asking for help.  I was praying and it just felt like God was telling me to prepare to ask for help with our bigger situation of being evicted by asking openly for help with this smaller situation.  We both have a lot of difficulty asking for help (older & only child syndromes).

So I threw it all out there on Facebook and we got an immediate answer from Preston, a friend of ours we hadn't seen in a long time.  He said he'd be there right away.  We went to meet him and lo and behold...what is he driving?  A Ford Excursion.  So we got to ride home in a vehicle that we have been drooling over for nearly a month.  If that ain't God trying to tell us something, I don't know what is.

I think we'll be ok.

Comments