March 13, 2017 Switching Days and Nights and Applying for a Grant

Family

Well, my nights and days have completely switched.  I blame the 9 pm coffee.  This is not a good thing for a family man…as the kids are awake before me.  I like to get up at 5 or 6 am, giving me around 3 hours to get stuff done before they get up.  But if they wake up before me, it is awful.  They will destroy the whole house.  Looks like it will be a busy morning tomorrow. 

I also need to mention that Heather officially started homeschool (which we had planned to do months ago) with the two older girls.  They were so cute when I got home from the library…they learned how to spell and write out spoon (among other things).

Work


The real reason that I can’t sleep (it’s not the coffee) is because I can’t stop thinking about work.  Mostly because it is crunch time.  We need this to start happening now.  So I am haunted by thoughts of going live on Facebook or Youtube.  I am contemplating doing so on a daily basis.  Call me crazy, I don’t care.  Heather and I came up with a weekly plan earlier for Thursday evenings to go live together and jam.  That will be awesome.  But I do think it would be wise to go live everyday, I’m thinking probably to improvise or loop.  It would drive content so well that way…especially if I could build a team to help me process the live videos into separate posts.

I also nearly finished an application for a $750 art project grant from the Wyoming Arts Council.  The crazy thing is that it’s almost the end of the fiscal year…and not all 14 available grants have been claimed.  I don’t imagine that is heard of in many other states.  We are looking to try to get a new video camera with that money.  I think I can get it.  Then, Heather can apply for a grant in May for the next fiscal year.  How crazy is that?

I need to go to sleep.

Comments