January 26, 2017 - Building Our e-mail List from the Ground Up

I started to write our first newsletter a few weeks back.  But I ran into a brick wall…the fact that we had absolutely no content to get people interested in…and no people in our list to interest.  So, I figured we got to start putting together a collection of people who would be interested in getting the emails, no matter how small it is at first. 
                                              

                                           

My goal was to find at least 100 of our friends and family who would be happy to get our newsletters, and with 694 friends on Facebook…that shouldn’t be too terribly hard.  I started yesterday just diving in writing people.  I figured if you don’t ask, you don’t receive…even though in my head I didn’t want people to think that I was just using them for their email.  These are all people that I really care about.  So I made sure to chat with them a little bit, after all I really am interested in what’s going on in their lives.  It was great catching up with a lot of people in a very short time.                                                     
8 on the 24th, 28 on the 24th, 62 on the 25th.  Thanks guys!!
                                                  
I have been able to grow our subscribers from 8 to 62 in just two days.  And they are all people that we know and care about, so we will be able to speak to them differently than the people that we will be signing up as the months go by.  We feel very blessed to have this many people who actually care enough to know what’s going on with our band before we’ve even put out our first album.  Thanks a ton to anyone who is reading this who signed up.

If you'd like to sign up...click here.

I love my job.


Comments