January 25, 2017 - Why didn't I think of that a year ago?

Today I (Heather) decided to step up to the plate and to try my hand at writing one of our 365 blogs for the year.  Last night was the first night in a few days I actually got a solid few hours of sleep.  For some reason once you have a newborn, or kids in general a few hours makes you feel so well rested and ready to tackle the day.  This morning was one of those.

This is how I feel in the morning after the baby lets me sleep for a whole 5 hours!





 Our baby was having trouble breathing the last couple days due to a really stuffy nose, it affects how they eat, weather or not they will take a pacifier, and makes them want to be held all day.  Don’t get me wrong I love holding my babies, but when its the middle of the night and they don’t want to lay down to go to sleep, it gets to be a long night.  I decided yesterday that I had to go pick up the babyfrida nose sucker, because I was ready to throw the bulb we had in the trash, due to it not working!   I know, I know that thing is so gross!! But let me tell you, it sure does work.  (and no snot gets in your mouth, I promise!)  I used it the minute I got home from my late night dash out to target.  Within minutes you could see relief. I now swear by using the thing and would highly recommend it to anyone!  I know it sure helped all of us sleep through the night and made him so much happier all day.

Dad being a trooper with the nosefrida!


We were back on track today with me editing pictures and working on social media in the morning while paul took the kids.  It felt good to get back into have a few hours to sit and work.  Because you know, I was behind.  No big surprise there though.  The best part though is I always have a work buddy, usually the baby. 


My work and snuggle buddy


Once it was my turn to take the kids shift I had one of those “why didn’t I think of this a year ago” moments.  We are blessed enough to eat nearly every meal as a family, but it gets to be a lot bringing all of the food back and forth from the dining room, making sure everything is picked up and swept up so we can use the table for homeschool.  Well our kitchen has a small fold out bar that i’ve known about since we moved in.  I used it for serving or for extended counter space.  It never dawned on me until today that we could use it for meals!  I decided to try out snack there, bringing in stools for each kid and it worked like a charm.  We have decided now that we will start to eat our breakfast and lunch around the kitchen bar, allowing the dining room to be picked up and ready for homeschool!  Its funny how things work out sometimes, and how excited we get about small things.  But this is big for the flow of our day and that is huge when you school at home and work at home. We are learning daily. We each come from small families, so its like starting from square one for us.  Thanks for coming along for the ride. 


Having the kids sit at the bar to eat makes mealtime and clean up so much quicker and easier!
It is a work in progress but our dining room doubles as our school room. 

It is our first year homeschooling our oldest




Comments