July 3, 2017 - 'Ya Gotta Watch Out Kid and Arranging Our Set List

Family

Today was much heavier on the work side of things. I still feel like I'm not adequately giving them guidance and instruction as a father should.  I addressed this today by explaining a song that I wrote for them called "'Ya Gotta Watch Out Kid".  It's pretty much an entire song of me teaching them valuable life lessons.

Work

I was able to arrange all of our songs into a set list today.  That should keep us on track for the show coming up in 33 days.  I also was able to print off chord sheets for a couple of new covers we're going to do, as well as begin arranging "Lean On Me". 

Obstacles to a Healthy Balance

I need to be more intentional about teaching the kids life lessons in a daily basis.  It is a very difficult thing to do when you don't live in the same town for most of the week.

Comments