May 11, 2017 - 1 am Sound Check

Today's biggest event was my brother and I working together until 1 in the morning on the sound in the Asher building's event room.   It was a ton of fun...we live streamed nearly the whole process.  Mark and I get kinda goofy when we get together. 

We've noticed that the sound loves to bounce all around the low ceiling, tile floor and brick walls.  We've also noticed that live sound guys who come in have a lot of trouble with the clarity and volume of the vocals.  We believe that this can be fixed with a lower volume, in-ear monitors instead of stage monitors, wall and ceiling treatments, and a lot of experimentation.

It was a lot of fun and my wife and kids got to watch most of it through the power of the internet.  Not as good as being with them, but it will do for now.  I can't wait for Saturday!!!

Comments