March 21, 2017 - Water Shut-Off and Pushing Through

Family

So we got our water shut off today.  Don't freak out, just a minor setback.  We'll be able to pay it tomorrow when we get paid.  We got a little behind since I had to miss so many lessons because of the hospital stay.  They called us to tell us they were going to turn it off, but we haven't been able to find the phone for days.  Of course this isn't the ideal situation to be in, but no one's really sweating it around our house.  We all know it's temporary.  It did cause us to want to get out of the house, we walked to the library and let the kids play for awhile.  We had a great time as a family.

Work

Interestingly enough, when I stopped by the water department to talk to them, I found out that my old boss from Taco John's (my first job) worked there.  She is awesome and was a great boss.  Looking back, she really was the first person in my life that taught me the value of hard work.  She taught me that if you work hard at something, good things will start happening.  I didn't really understand that concept until working under her at 15 years old.  I should tell her that when I go back.
That being said, it's days like these that test our patience as entrepreneurs and musicians.  But we will persevere and succeed.  We cannot and will not give up in the face of adversity.  We have come way too far to give up now.  We are committed, and what great successful entrepreneur story doesn't have a "got the utilities shut off" chapter?

Comments