Hospital Day 3: 2/6/17 - Gifts from His Sisters & Writing a Song With My Boy

Family

I am sitting here in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) staring at my little boy.  He is looking so much better, but not completely where we want him to be.  I got to hold him for quite awhile, which was awesome…I instantly made him stop crying.  :) 

His big sisters had me bring him some of their drawings of him, a couple of stuffed animals and his big blanket.  I can’t wait for him to start opening his eyes, hopefully he will love his sister’s little gifts, I think it will cheer him up a little.

Also worth noting is that I found out that one of my new students has a child that has had a brain injury.  They have to come to this very same hospital in Denver every week.  I found this out because my student’s wife called to confirm his first lesson (which I had forgot about).  She instantly understood and told me the story.  They are coming tomorrow and are going to stop by to meet us for the first time.  Pretty interesting stuff.

There also is a family with a child who contracted pneumonia next to us who has a mutual friend with us.  That mutual friend’s kid is at our house watching our kids right now.  I haven’t met them yet, but they left us some snacks.

Work

As for working, I got to hold Zeke and work like I oftentimes do at night time.  I also began writing a song for him.  I am calling it “Big Plans”.  I unknowingly began writing it at the same tempo that the alert beeps at on all the vital sign machines.  I ended up finding the pitch of the alert note and incorporated it into the song.  I am very pleased with it so far, but I have a ways to go.  It is just nice getting some work done while sitting next to my little buddy.  I hope to have many more nights working with him, just with no machines attached to him.  :(

Comments