August 16, 2016 - Paul's best birthday yet...

August 16, 2016

They say that as you get older, you don’t really care about your birthday too much.  I must still be young at heart…because my 32nd birthday yesterday was my best one yet.


I kinda new that would be the case about 2-3 weeks ago, at the end of our first midwife appointment.   The scheduling lady was tasked with setting up the next appointment for us to have an ultrasound.  Typically we don’t like ultrasounds and we prefer to know the sex of our kids at birth…but this lady asked us if we wanted to do the appointment on August 16th…my birthday.  That changed my mind instantly.


That was the moment I thought “this one must be a boy”.  All my logic still told me that it was a fifth girl, so the suspense was killing me.  So my birthday comes around…I’m seeing my baby on the screen, and the tech says “do you want to know the sex?”…”yes”…”it’s a boy”.  I was filled with so much joy at that moment that it is indescribable.  I still am.  I love my girls, and I would have loved to have a fifth little princess, but I am so excited to have a boy on my side. 


After that, I got to meet up with my best friend Colt (who lives out in Wheatland), and we got to play three innings of baseball at the park we played at 20 years ago.  It was just like the old days.  He ended up winning on a walk-off grand slam  Though I lost, I had so much fun it’s unreal.


In the afternoon we went down to Denver to go to the air and space museum.  We got lost for about an hour or so.  Then we realized that we aren’t really airplane enthusiasts, and there wasn’t much interesting to us on the space side of things (all the more for kids).  Then we looked for “Half Price Books”, our favorite used bookstore, that was in a Denver suburb according to the GPS.  When we got there, it was a closed down, old used bookstore.  Did I mention that we got lost again for at least another hour prior.


Normally this would have been frustrating, but I was on cloud 9.  I’m going to have a boy.  I can’t wait to raise him to become a God-fearing man.  And on top of that, I got to spend my whole birthday with my five favorite ladies.  They treat me very well, they even got me Taco John’s and cupcakes.  I have a great life, and I am very thankful for it.

Its A Boy!!

Our Family has set up a fund to raise money for a new van.  We are in need of a bigger vehicle to fit our big family, as we drive a minivan right now that we could not longer make trips with the whole family.  There is a link if you would like to contribute.  We would greatly appreciate anything you could give! Thank you! 









Comments